UK Phone: +44 870 701 9131

Oman Phone: +968 2209 4081 ▪ Pakistan Phone: +92 301 8620669

Salalah Methanol Electrical, Instrumentation & Telecom E&F Area

Project Description & Scope of Work

Description

Salalah liquefied petroleum gas (SLPG) project is being developed in Dhofar, southern Oman, by Oman Gas Company (OGC), at an estimated cost of $826m.

Extraction is expected to have a capacity of 327,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) and operate for 25 years.  A proposed 10% will be used locally, while the remaining 90% will be exported.

In April 2018 the foundation stone for the SLPG project was laid, with first gas targeted in 2019.

Scope

All Electrical & Instrumentation Construction, Precommissioning and Commissioning and initial Operation and Maintenance.

  • Cable Tray Fabrication & Installation
  • JBs and Stanchion Fabrication & Installation
  • Cable Pulling, Glanding and Termination
  • Instrument Tubing Works
  • Instrument Installation and Testing
  • Control Valves Installation and Testing
  • Conducting Pre-Commissioning Checks
  • Commissioning Support
  • Construction
  • Commissioning
  • Start-up
  • Petrofac HSE Standards
  • OGC Standrads

Project Details

Contract No.C273
IndustryOil & Gas
ClientSalalah Methanol Company
Consultant or EPCPetrofac
CountryOman
Primary ServiceConstruction
Secondary ServiceCommissioning & Start-up
Start DateJun 2019
Person Hours26,070
StatusIn Progress