Salalah Methanol Electrical, Instrumentation & Telecom E&F Area

Salalah liquefied petroleum gas (SLPG) project is being developed in Dhofar, southern Oman, by Oman Gas Company (OGC), at an estimated cost of $826m.

Extraction is expected to have a capacity of 327,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) and operate for 25 years. A proposed 10% will be used locally, while the remaining 90% will be exported.

In April 2018 the foundation stone for the SLPG project was laid, with first gas targeted in 2019.

Project Details

  • Contract No. C273
  • Primary Service Construction & Commissioning
  • Industry Oil & Gas
  • Secondary Service As Built Documentation, Commissioning Management, Commissioning Planning Systemisation & Completion, Construction Management, Manpower Supply, Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning, Site Construction, Start Up Audit Start Up & Process Optimisation
  • Client Salalah Methanol Company
  • Start Date Jun 2019
  • Consultant or EPC Petrofac
  • Contract Value ($) 4214265
  • Project Location WXPR+P49, Raysut, Oman
  • Person Hours 91620
  • Execution Office Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
  • Status Completed

Scope of work

  • All Electrical & Instrumentation Construction, and Commissioning and initial operation and maintenance


  • Cable Tray Fabrication & Installation
  • JBs and Stanchion Fabrication & Installation
  • Cable Pulling, Glanding and Termination
  • Instrument Tubing Works
  • Instrument Installation and Testing
  • Control Valves Installation and Testing
  • Conducting Pre-Commissioning Checks
  • Commissioning Support


  • Construction
  • Commissioning
  • Start-up

Technical specifications

  • Petrofac HSE standards
  • OGC Standards